Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Likely, the best Margarita I have ever had was probably my first. I believe that was at a bar somewhere in southern Puerto Rico, but I can't be sure, it may have been on another island down in the Caribbean but that remains a bit of a blur. Either way, I am a fan.

As we approach Cinco de Mayo, I start thinking of those warm weather drinks that go so well with palm trees and sun. So let's kick off the start of Corona season and the ever beach side favorite...the Margarita.

This is my favorite way of putting one together poolside.

1 ounce freshly sqeezed lime juice (don't use old limes)
1 1/4 ounce Cointreau (you can use Triple Sec, each have their fans)
1 1/2 ounce %100 blue agave plata or silver tequila.

Mix all ingredients in a shaked with ice and strain into a tumbler or margarita glass. If you like, salt half the rim of the serving glass with kosher salt.

Enjoy!

You Might Also Like:

Pasta All'Amatriciana

No comments: