Wednesday, October 28, 2009

No Peel, No Fuzz



I love these things.

Called kiwiberries, these grape-sized "fuzz-less" little berries look like baby kiwi's which you can just pop in you mouth like grapes. I first tried them
when I was in Australia and on the rare occasion when they happen to make it to the local market, I'll grab them. Unfortunately, they are in season for just a few weeks in the fall so timing is everything. They are cool little buggers as they are the only fruit I know that have a distinct taste AND come in the different flavors of other fruits..like pineapple, blueberry, blackberry, and more. If you like kiwis, you should like these little fuzz-less balls and better yet, no hair to peel off like their larger cousin, the kiwi...so you can grab a bunch and go to town. If you are lucky enough to see them in the store, grab a package...you won't be disappointed.

No comments: