Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lettuce Be

I never really liked all those colored flecks of fertilizer you find in those bags of soil you buy at your local garden center.  There is something unnatural about all those weird colors in the dirt,time-release, moisture control pellets...I mean, it's dirt it should look like dirt, right?  Give me a good old slew of earthworms chomping away at the earth any day. You never find them in all that chemical stuff...even the earthworms know that stuff is bad for you. So keeping with the trend this year I'm growing all organic. You can't prevent all the fertilizer run off that gets into the water supply that you water with but I figure some naturally enriched organic soil to grow in may help. Here's hoping the deer and rabbits don't feel the same way.

No comments: